The Leeds Architecture Awards 2019 are set to take place next Thursday, and Munroe K, the developers and operators of White Rose Office Park, are delighted to be sponsoring the event for a second time.
The awards aim to recognise and celebrate some of the most influential new developments in and around the city of Leeds, while also championing the best architectural regeneration schemes in the area. Leeds has developed an excellent portfolio of built environment and urban landscape architecture projects over the years, in an increasingly competitive setting.
The awards came to fruition in 1987, aiming to give recognition to good design, encourage discussion about buildings and their surroundings, and raise public awareness on the benefits of architectural excellence. Since then, the awards have evolved into a staple for architects in the area, and with the continued support from the Chamber of Commerce and Leeds Property Forum, they have remained successful.
Leeds Architecture Awards 2019
The Leeds Architecture Awards 2019 take place on February 28, with doors opening at 6pm, and the ceremony commencing at 9pm. The welcome and dinner will be hosted by Andrew Edwards of BBC Radio Leeds, and the awards will be presented by Hiro Aso, leader of the award-winning transformation of London King’s Cross Station in 2013.
This year’s event sees a whole host of architectural projects shortlisted for various awards, including; conserved buildings, new buildings and regeneration schemes. Munroe K are among five sponsors supporting the event.
The judging panel at this year’s event consists of several authoritative figures in the local architectural sector. The panel is as follows:
- Paul Ellison – Leeds Chamber Property Forum
- Alan Simson – representing the Landscape Institute
- Mark Burgess – Group Manager (Environment & Design), LCC
- James Arkle – representing Leeds Society of Architects
- Phil Ward – Conservation & Design Team Leader, LCC
- Martin Hamilton – Director, Leeds Civic Trust
- Hiro Aso – Head of Transport & Infrastructure, Gensler
- Jenny Fisher – Principal Officer (Environment & Design), LCC
- Seamus Corr – Principal Landscape Officer (Environment & Design), LCC
- John Thorp MBE – Former Civic Architect, LCC
- Keith Knight – Chair, Institute of Historic Building Conservation
David Aspin, CEO of Munroe K, commented on the Leeds Architecture Awards 2019, saying:
“We’re delighted to be sponsoring the awards to celebrate the work of those involved in making our city a vanguard of groundbreaking design and architecture.”
For more information on Munroe K’s sponsorship of the Leeds Architecture Awards 2019, or information on the event in general, visit the Leeds City Council website.
February 2019White Rose Office Park: Celebrating 30 years of MIPIM
Entering its 30th year, MIPIM 2019 is set to be the biggest yet. The international property event looks to welcome…Read More